PLAYER’S RANKING SYSTEM
(Scroll down to see the actual ranking)
To promote competitive petanque for players of the New York area.
This new initiative is done jointly by La Boule New Yorkaise and New York Pétanque Club, and is opened to all members (and associate members) of both clubs.
- Players receive points based on results of tournaments.
- Points are awarded for only tournaments organized by LBNY or NYPC, excluding Bar Tabac and Tribeca Bastille Day.
- All tournaments must be played by the rules listed in the FIPJP (or FPUSA) rule book.
- The top three ranked players at the end of the season will be rewarded with prizes.
- The results will be maintained and published by both clubs on their website.
- Maximum points earned for a tournament is determined by base-point x multiplier.
- Base-points depends on the number of teams qualified for the final rounds.
- The number of teams qualified for the finals should be based on this formula:
2 teams 4-6 teams in tournament
4 teams 7-12 teams
8 teams 13-24 teams
16 teams 25 or more
- Tournament multipliers are:
1x for melee
1.5x for select
3x for 2-day “Major” tournaments (for instance, NY Open & Open Robert Pierre)
- All players in the finals receive points according how far they advanced, using this formula:
1st – 100% of the points
2nd – 75%
1/2 finalists – 50%
1/4 finalists – 25%
1/8 finalists – 12%
1/16 finalists – 6%
A one-day select doubles tournament attracts 14 teams. After the qualifying rounds, 8 teams are in the final rounds. Because it is a select, the points for this tournament is 12 ( 8 x 1.5). And these are the breakdowns for the finalists.
- 1st place – 12 pts (100% of 12)
- 2nd place - 9 pts (75% of 12)
- 3rd & 4th place – 6 pts (50% of 12)
- 5th to 8th place – 3 pts (25% of 12)
– There is no difference between 3rd and 4th place even if a game was played to determined the placing.
Scroll down to view prior seasons.
2011 season results below